Aluminum Weight Calculator – Aluminium Sheet & Plate Weight Calculator
The following aluminum weight calculator is limited to rectangular plate and sheet with a flat surface (not including checkered/diamond plates). Aluminum grades include 6061, 7075, 5052, 2024, etc.; thickness includes commonly used 0.5mm, 0.8mm, 1mm, 2 mm, 2.5mm, 3 mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 10mm, etc.
Material densities are based on Density of Aluminum.
Aluminum Weight per Square Metre of Common Thickness
- 3mm aluminium sheet weight per m2 is 8.1 kg (17.86 lb).
- 2mm aluminium sheet weight per square meter is 5.4 kg (12 lbs)
- 22 SWG per square metre: 1.92 kg (4.23 lb)
- 24 Gauge SWG per square metre: 1.51kg (3.33 lb)
Unit Weight of Aluminum
The unit weight of aluminum is
- 2.7g per cm3
- 2700 kg per m3
- 0.0975 lb per cubic inch
- 169 lb per cubic feet
Aluminum Sheet Weight Chart
The following table lists the aluminum sheet weight chart in kg per m2 and lb per square foot.
|Aluminum Sheet Weight Chart, Flat Surface|
|Thickness, mm||Weight, kg/m2||Weight, lb/ft2||Weight, lb/in2|
|22 SWG (0.71 mm)||1.92||0.39||0.0027|
|24 SWG (0.56 mm)||1.51||0.31||0.0021|
The density is based on 2.7g/cm3.
Weight of Aluminum per Cubic Inch/Foot
- Weight of aluminum per cubic inch is 0.0975 lb;
- Weight of aluminum per cubic foot is 169 lb;
- Aluminium weight per m3 is 2700 kg.
How to Calculate Aluminium Sheet Weight
For a rectangular aluminum plate with a flat surface, the aluminium weight calculation formula is:
- Weight = Length x Width x Thickness x Density, or
- Weight = Length x Width x Weight/m2 (or in2, ft2)
Aluminium Pipe and Tube Weight Calculator
Aluminum tube weight formula is Weight = WT(OD-WT) × π × L × ρ
- WT = Wall Thickness
- OD = Outside Diameter
- L = Length
- ρ = Density = 2.7 g/cm3 (0.0975 lb/in3)
- π ≈ 3.1416