GCr15 Steel Equivalent, Chemical Composition, Mechanical Properties
GCr15 Bearing Steel Introduction
GCr15 steel is one of the most commonly used Chinese bearing steels, it’s a high carbon chromium bearing steel with high hardenability, high & uniform hardness after heat treatment, high contact fatigue strength, good dimensional stability and corrosion resistance. The cold deformation plasticity is medium, the machinability is general, the weldability is poor, and it is sensitive to the formation of white spots, and there is a first type of temper brittleness.
Datasheet & Specification
GCr15 Steel Chemical Composition
|Chemical Composition %|
|Steel Grade||C||Si||Mn||Cr||Mo ≤||Ni ≤||Cu ≤||P ≤||S ≤||Ca ≤||O ≤||Ti ≤||Al ≤||As ≤||As+Sn+Sb ≤||Pb ≤|
GCr15 Bearing Steel Mechanical Properties
GCr15 Material Hardness
- Spheroidizing annealing hardness: 179-207 HBW
- Softening annealing hardness: ≤245 HBW
Bending of GCr15 bearing steel
- Hot rolled round steel: ≤3mm/meter; Total bending: ≤0.3% x length
- Hot rolled annealing round steel: ≤3mm/meter; Total bending: ≤0.3% x length
- Calcined round steel: ≤5mm/meter; Total bending: ≤0.5% x length
- Cold drawn round steel (Φ≤25mm): ≤2mm/meter; Total bending: ≤0.2% x length
- Cold drawn round steel (Φ>25mm): ≤1.5mm/meter; Total bending: ≤0.15% x length
GCr15 bearing steel is used to manufacture various bearing sleeves with wall thickness ≤12mm and outer diameter ≤250mm, steel balls with diameters of 25.4-50.8mm; also used for other rolling elements with wide range of sizes, such as tapered rollers, cylindrical rollers, spherical rollers, needle rollers, etc.; also used in the manufacture of molds, precision gauges and other mechanical parts that require high wear resistance, high elastic limit and high contact fatigue strength.
GCr15 steel equivalent to US AISI SAE ASTM, European EN, Germany DIN, Japanese JIS, British BSI, France NF and ISO standard.
You may also be interested in GCr15 vs 52100, 100Cr6 and SUJ2 steel.
|GCr15 Equivalent (For reference)|
|GB/T 18254||GCr15||AISI SAE, ASTM A295/A295m||52100||EN ISO 683-17||100Cr6 (1.3505)||JIS G4805||SUJ2||ISO 683-17||100Gr6|
Notes: DIN 17230 is covered by DIN EN ISO 683-17, NF A35-565 is covered by NF EN ISO 683-17.