(30Cr13) 3Cr13 Stainless Steel Equivalent, Chemical Composition, Properties
3Cr13 Steel Introduction
Chinese 30Cr13 (3Cr13 steel) is a martensitic stainless steel, this steel has good mechanical processing performance. After heat treatment (quenching and tempering), it has excellent corrosion resistance and high polishing strength and wear resistance. After quenching and tempering treatment, when hardness is below HRC30, 3Cr13 material has good processability and easy to achieve good surface quality, and when the hardness is greater than HRC30, the surface quality is good, but the tool is easy to wear.
Compared with 1Cr13 (12Cr13) and 2Cr13 steel, 3Cr13 stainless steel has higher strength, hardness and higher hardenability. It has certain corrosion resistance in dilute nitric acid and weak organic acid at room temperature, but not as good as 1Cr13 and 2Cr13.
30Cr13 = 3Cr13 stainless steel grade designation:
- 30 (or 3) – Average carbon content: 30/10000 (0.3%), old designation: 3/1000
- Cr – Chromium
- 13 – Average chromium content: 13%
The following tables list the 3Cr13 steel datasheets such as chemical composition and mechanical properties, etc.
(30Cr13) 3Cr13 Stainless Steel Chemical Composition
|Chemical Composition %|
|Steel Grade||C||Si (≤)||Mn (≤)||P (≤)||S (≤)||Cr||Ni (≤)|
For Hot Rolled Steel Bars after Quenching and Tempering
- Tensile strength: ≥735 N/mm2
- Conditional yield strength: ≥540 N/mm2
- Elongation: ≥12%
- Rate of reduction in area: ≥40%
- Impact energy: ≥24 J
- HBW: ≤ 217(Quenched and tempered); ≤ 235 (Annealed)
- HV: ≤ 247 (After annealing)
- HRC: 48-53 (Quenching and tempering)
- Data is for steel diameter (d) less than or equal to 75mm.
- 1 N/mm2 = 1 MPa
For Cold Rolled Steel Plate and Strip After Annealling
- 0.2% Proof Strength: ≥225 MPa
- Tensile Strength: 540 MPa
- Elongation: ≥18%
- HBW: ≤ 235
- HRB: ≤ 99
- HV: ≤ 247
- Density (g/cm3): 7.76
- Melting point: 1365℃
- Specific heat capacity (J/Kg·K): 170 at 0-100℃
- Thermal conductivity (W/m·K):
- 25.1 at 100℃
- 25.5 at 500℃
- Coefficients of linear thermal expansion (10-6/K):
- 10.5 (0-100℃)
- 12.0 (0-500℃)
- Electrical Resistivity (μΩ·m): 0.52 at 20℃
- Longitudinal modulus of elasticity (kN/mm2): 219 at 20℃
Typical Heat Treatment
For steel bars
- Annealing: 800 – 900 ℃ (Slow cooling)
- Quenching: 920 – 980 ℃ (Oil cooling)
- Tempering: 600 – 750 ℃ (Rapid cooling)
For steel plate and strip
- Annealing: About 750℃ (rapid cooling) or 800 – 900℃ (slow cooling)
- Quenching: 980 – 1040℃ (rapid cooling)
- Tempering: 150 – 400 ℃ (Air cooling)
3Cr13 steel is mainly used for high-strength parts, as well as wear parts under high stress load and certain corrosive medium, such as tools and springs working below 300 °C; shafts, bolts, nozzles, valves, valve seats and bearings working below 400 °C.
(30Cr13) 3Cr13 Steel Equivalent
30Cr13 (3Cr13 stainless steel) equivalent to US ASTM, Germany DIN, Japanese JIS, France NF, UK BS, and ISO standard.
You may be also interested in 3Cr13 vs 2Cr13 Steel.
|3Cr13 (30Cr13)||AISI SAE;|
|420||EN 10088-2||X30Cr13 (1.4028)||JIS G4303||SUS420J2||ISO 15510||X30Cr13|