Table of Contents
1.0122 Steel S235JRC+C, S235JR+AR, S235JR+N
S235JRC steel (EN 1.0122 material), S235JRC+C, S235JR+AR and S235JR+N are differenct delivery and surface conditions of S235JR steel according to the European standard EN 10025-2 and EN 10277-2 (has been replaced by EN 10277:2018).
Detailed information about the S235JR material can be found in the S235JR datasheet.
Designation (Meaning & Definition)
- “S” means structural steel;
- “235” refers to the minimum yield strength (MPa) for the steel thickness ≤ 16 mm;
- “JR” indicates the quality grade related to the impact test energy values (≥ 27 J, tested at room temperature 20 ℃)
- “C” means the steel is suitable for cold flanging, cold forming or cold drawing.
- “+AR” means the steel is delivered in the condition of “as-rolled”.
- “+N” means the delivery condition of this steel is “normalizing rolling”.
- “+C” means cold work hardened.
S235JRC Definition & Mechanical Properties
Means that the material S235JR is suitable for cold flanging, cold forming or cold drawing.
The following table shows mechanical properties of S235JRC (bright steels for general engineering use)
|As-rolled + peeled (+SH)||Cold drawn (+C)|
|Steel name (Steel number)||Thickness (mm)||Hardness (HBW)||Tensile strength (MPa)||0.2% proof strength (MPa) ≥||Tensile strength (MPa)||Elongation % ≥|
|S235JRC (1.0122)||5 ≤ t≤ 10||–||–||355||470-840||8|
|10 < t ≤ 16||–||–||300||420-770||9|
|16 < t ≤ 40||107-152||360-510||260||390-730||10|
|40 < t ≤ 63||107-152||360-510||235||380-670||11|
|63 < t ≤ 100||107-152||360-510||215||360-640||11|
S235JRC+C means that the delivery condition of JRC is cold work hardened.
S235JR+AR means that the delivery condition of S235JR steel is as-rolled.
S235JR+N means that the material delivery condition of S235JR is normalised or normalised formed.