1.0122 Steel S235JRC+C, S235JR+AR, S235JR+N
S235JRC steel (EN 1.0122 material), S235JRC+C, S235JR+AR and S235JR+N are different delivery and surface conditions of S235JR steel according to the European standard EN 10025-2 and EN 10277-2 (replaced by EN 10277: 2018).
Detailed information about the S235JR material can be found in the S235JR datasheet.
Designation (Meaning & Definition)
S235JRC means that the material is suitable for cold flanging, cold forming or cold drawing.
- “S” means structural steel;
- “235” refers to the minimum yield strength (MPa) for the steel thickness ≤ 16 mm;
- “JR” indicates the quality grade related to the impact test energy values (≥ 27 J at room temperature 20 °C)
- “C” means the steel is suitable for cold flanging, cold forming or cold drawing.
- “+AR” means the steel is delivered in the condition of “as-rolled”.
- “+N” means the delivery condition of this steel is “normalizing rolling”.
- “+C” means cold work hardened.
- More about Designation & Meaning of Steel Names
S235JRC Mechanical Properties
The following table shows mechanical properties of S235JRC (bright steels for general engineering use)
|As-rolled + peeled (+SH)||Cold drawn (+C)|
|Steel name (Steel number)||Thickness (mm)||Hardness (HBW)||Tensile strength (MPa)||0.2% proof strength (MPa) ≥||Tensile strength (MPa)||Elongation % ≥|
|S235JRC (1.0122)||5 ≤ t≤ 10||–||–||355||470-840||8|
|10 < t ≤ 16||–||–||300||420-770||9|
|16 < t ≤ 40||107-152||360-510||260||390-730||10|
|40 < t ≤ 63||107-152||360-510||235||380-670||11|
|63 < t ≤ 100||107-152||360-510||215||360-640||11|
S235JRC+C means that the steel is cold work hardened.
S235JR+AR means that the delivery condition of the material is as-rolled.
S235JR+N means that the material delivery condition is normalized or normalised formed.